Skip to main content

You are hereGroups / Redditch Kingfisher / Rotary in Redditch

Rotary in Redditch


The Rotary Club of Redditch was founded in 1947 and to celebrate the 40th anniversary of its Charter the formation of a new evening club was suggested.

Early meetings of potential members commenced in September 1987 and members chose the name Redditch Kingfisher to forge a link with the town and its most easily recognised symbol.

The Interim Rotary club of Redditch Kingfisher was Inaugurated at the Raven Hotel, Droitwich on the 14th April 1988 by 1060 District Governor Peter Offer. The Charter evening followed on the 3rd June 1988 at the St Johns Hotel Solihull.

To celebrate the event, the club produced a Special day stamp cover, with a water colour painting on the envelope specially commissioned for the event from John Beaman, a well known Midlands artist. The envelopes were signed by DG Peter Offer and President Peter Williams.

All profits from the sale of the cover went towards the Polio Plus campaign.